Bookings are on a first come – first serve basis, with preference being given to local community events. You must contact the Hall Rental Coordinator to check availability and complete the contract.Rio Terrace community hall rentals must be confirmed with $100 reservation fee. At least 30 days cancellation notice must be given otherwise the reservation fee is forfeited. The balance of the rental fee and the damage deposit are due two weeks before the rental (both will be cashed). Damage deposits will be returned within two weeks of the completion of the rental.Alcohol is not permitted on the premises unless a valid liquor license is obtained and displayed.
The renter is required to provide confirmation of short term rental insurance coverage and/or host liquor liability insurance. Check with your personal homeowner’s insurance or commercial insurance provider or purchase rental insurance through Foster Park Baskett
We do not rent to “hall parties” or stag/stagettes, anyone under the age of 18, nor to anyone under the age of 25 if alcohol is being served.
A prepayment of half of the hall rental fee is due the day the rental agreement is signed; the damage deposit check is also due on the day the rental agreement is signed. Rental contracts MUST be signed fourteen (14) days within booking the date with the hall renter director.
Rio Terrace Community League requires a rental contract to honor the agreement date; if no contract is signed the date will open up to any other individuals interested.
Cheques are payable to Rio Terrace Community League.
We only accept cheques. Certified Cheque or Money Order if rental is less than 21 days away.
A $50.00 fee will be levied against any NSF cheque.
Rio Terrace Community League has the right to revoke or refuse permission for use of the hall at any time or for any reason.
The Rio Terrace Community League Hall can accommodate:
- 150 people when NO alcohol is being served
- 119 people when alcohol is being served
- 190 with chairs set up as “theatre seating
In order to comply with fire marshal regulations renters must not have more than the maximum capacity. The renter will be responsible for any fines incurred should an official inspection take place during the event.
Community League Member rate
Friday or Saturday
If need set up night before add an additional $50 to rental. (upon availability)
Key & Damage Deposit – $300
Hourly rates:• Minimum 2 hours.• No hourly rates on weekends
Wedding Package:•Use of Hall from Friday 6pm to Sunday 6 pm
Rio Terrace Community League is a proud community that is pleased to offer groups a facility that is well equipped, clean and community maintained. We ask that you respect the facility and help to us uphold our standards by completing the following after each use.
The renter of the hall is responsible for the set-up and clean up of their event. Clean-up MUST be completed immediately after the event
- Wipe counter tops
- Wipe stove
- Rinse sinks
- Wipe out microwave
- Ensure stoves/ovens that were used are turned off
- Remove all decorations and tape remnants
- Pick up all debris (including paper products in the washrooms) and discard accordingly
- Replace tables and chairs in storage area
- Sweep floors
- Wet mop the floors
- Wipe tables
- Pick up all garbage, bottles and cans left outside the doors of the facility.
- Pick up all cigarette butts from outside the facility doorways
- Remove garbage and place in the bin out front in the parking lot.
Responsible for any loss or damage to property occurring during the rental period.
- Smoking is prohibited in the facility.
- Smokers must smoke outside the facility away from the doors.
- Butts must be discarded in a coffee can or similar receptacle and discarded off the premises. Do NOT put in the garbage bins in the facility.
Failure to complete the following will result in a loss of partial or full deposit and/or charges for cleaning or repair. A full list of responsibilities is contained in the rental agreement.